MMSys 2016 Technical Demo Call for Papers
May 10-13, 2016
Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria
As in previous years, MMSys will provide researchers, engineers, and scientist to present with the opportunity to showcase their research prototypes, systems, and applications to MMSys attendees. Demos are intended as real, practical, and interactive proof of the presenters’ research ideas and scientific or engineering contributions, with the goal of providing multimedia researchers and practitioners with the opportunity to discuss working multimedia systems, applications, prototypes, or proof-of-concepts. Such a setting allows conference attendees to view and interact first hand with live evidence of innovative solutions and ideas in the field of multimedia and to see leading edge research at work.
Submissions are encouraged in all areas related to multimedia, as advertised in the MMSys2016 general call for papers. We invite submission of 2-4 page demo proposals (in ACM proceedings style, written in English) describing the research and what will be shown during the demonstration. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and selection will be based on the novelty of the research and interestingness of the demonstration. Please consider the following questions in your submission:
- What is the scientific or engineering concept behind the work?
- What is the novelty of the work and how is the work different from existing systems or techniques?
- What will be actually shown during the demo?
In addition, a PDF file of one page description about your demo booth configuration may be provided if you have special requests. Please note that the submission system can accept only one supplementary file (Max 10MB). Therefore you have to compress multiple files into one ZIP file for submitting the supplementary materials. If the total size of your supplementary materials exceeds 10MB, please contact the demo chairs and arrange a way to submit the file.
The submission site for the demo session is available here:
Once accepted, demonstrators will be provided with a table, poster board, power outlet and wireless (shared) Internet. Demo presenters are expected to bring with themselves everything else needed for their demo, such as hardware, laptops, sensors, PCs, etc. However if you have special requests such as a larger space, special lighting conditions, large displays and so on, we will do our best to arrange them, or to provide you with suitable rental services.
- Submission deadline: February 19, 2016
- Acceptance notification: March 23, 2016
- Camera ready deadline: April 8, 2016
The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up to two weeks prior to the first day of the conference. The official publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.
For further queries and extra information, please contact the MMSys Demo Chairs:
- Omar Niamut (TNO, The Netherlands) at email@example.com
- Michael Zink ( University of Massachusetts in Amherst, USA) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Chen, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Lucia D’Acunto, TNO
- Simon Gunkel, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI)
- Rene Kaiser, JOANNEUM RESEARCH
- Mario Montagud, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
- Mu Mu, University of Northampton
- Max Ott, NICTA
- Andreas Petlund, Simula Research Laboratory
- Niky Riga, Raytheon/BBN
- Stefan Wilk, TU Darmstadt